National Stop Smoking day is fast approaching, taking place this year on 12th March.
Smoking is a bit like waging war on your body. Overtime, your health deteriorates and your wealth feels the burn too! Quitting won’t be the easiest thing you’ll ever do, but we reckon it’ll be up there with the best.
Did you know that the benefits of quitting start straight away?
- 20 minutes after: your heart rate and blood pressure return to normal
- 8 -24 hours: nicotine and carbon monoxide start to leave your body and your oxygen levels begin to return to normal levels
- 24 hours: your lungs start to clear out mucus and any other smoking debris
- 48-72 hours: your sense of smell and taste begin to improve
- 2-12 weeks: exercise becomes easier and your breathing improves
- 3-9 months: any coughs, wheezing, or breathing problems are reduced as your lungs repair themselves
- Up to 1 year: your risk of coronary heart disease is now half that of a smoker!
Not only are there health benefits, the financial benefits of stopping soon add up too. You could be saving £8 per day, or in one year, it could add up to £2,920!!
The benefits of quitting never really end, so it’s time to show cigarettes what you’re made of! Why not call into one of our stores today and we can discuss the options that are available to you!