We know quitting smoking can be very difficult and not an easy process. In a recent NI survey 74% of female and 77% of male smokers say they would like to quit smoking. Below are some of the main reasons why:
- They don’t want to stand outside to smoke, especially in the bad weather.
- To save money.
- They want to set a good example to their children or other family and friends.
- To improve their health.
- They don’t want to damage their appearance.
- To improve fitness.
- To take on the challenge and have a sense of achievement.
- To support a friend, partner or family member who is trying to quit.
- To have a better quality of life.
- They are fed up with their house and clothes smelling of smoke.
At McKay Pharmacy we offer a FREE smoking cessation 12 week scheme. Using Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) and other medicines to control your craving for a cigarette and boost your chances of permanently quitting smoking. Call in store to speak to one of our friendly and experienced pharmacists.