We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacist Manager within our head office branch at Westminster Avenue in Belfast, working along with our Pharmacy Services Manager and our highly experienced pharmacy team.
Our Westminster Avenue branch is one of the leading pharmacies in Northern Ireland, and operates as a highly automated, robotic dispensary. This branch sites our innovative and heavily automated “PillRoll” adherance service, which ensures a high level of patient adherence and ease of use regarding their medications. There are significant growth opportunities within this role, and we are continually seeking ways to improve our services and patient care.
The role itself will involve leading the Pharmacy and Retail teams to ensure efficient day-to-day running of the dispensary, growing the retail business, and assisting the Pharmacy Services Manager with developing pharmacy services. The duties will involve managing and driving all aspects of a busy established and high performing pharmacy business including dealing with stock, performance management and directing the team, service development, preparation of customer prescriptions, dealing directly with the customers and maintaining customer relationships, and promoting the ethos and mission of McKay Pharmacy. The role does, on occasion, require some elements of manual handling including heavy lifting and can involve standing for continued periods of time.
- Qualified Pharmacist, registered and in good standing with Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland.
- IT Literate and familiar with Windows based computer systems.
- Able to demonstrate strategic initiative and drive
- Able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 of the following 3 experience measures:
1) Eligible to tutor Foundation Year students
2) A Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience as a Pharmacist
3) Previous Pharmacist Manager experience
- M Pharm degree (2:1 or above).
- Procurement and Inventory Management: Previous experience in management of pharmacy stock, procurement.
- Previous experience in delivery of commissioned pharmacy services.
- Experienced in providing the following services; Services to Care Homes, Medicines Use reviews, Minor Ailments Service, Covid Vaccination, Managing Your Medicines, Compliance Support, Smoking Cessation, Flu Vaccination.
- Previous experience of using bespoke Pharmacy Dispensary Computer packages (MPS).
- Demonstrable experience of taking a key role in strategic planning to increase revenue within a community pharmacy environment.
Competitive Salary offered and open to negotiation for the right candidate
Closing Date: 5.00 pm on Wednesday 15th September 2021
Closing Date: 15/09/2021