McKay Pharmacy is a leading family run pharmacy group with a strong community led focus and an ethos of innovation and excellent patient care. We are currently looking for a pharmacist to join our team in our Newtownards branch. We are situated in the same building as several busy GP practices, and have well established relationships with the local community as well as local Care Homes.
The Newtownards branch opens from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday and from 9.00 am – 12.00 noon on Saturdays. We are looking for a full-time Pharmacist to work Monday to Friday, with occasional Saturday morning shifts (approximately 6 – 8 Saturdays per year).
You would be working alongside a talented and knowledgeable team of Pharmacists, Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technicians and Dispensing Technicians to deliver a range of commissioned pharmacy services. It’s a great opportunity to help our team develop and lead on professional services.
We operate a leading, bespoke, digital workflow management system, a first-class automated patient adherence system, and will be implementing robotic dispensing technologies in the Newtownards branch in the coming months. A perfect environment to develop your skills and enhance your clinical expertise.
We offer a market leading competitive salary for the right candidate, along with a private health cash plan, employee discount, and a Perks discount card covering thousands of retail and other businesses.
- Qualified Pharmacist, registered and in good standing with Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland
- IT Literate and familiar with Windows based computer systems
- Able to deal with high volume prescription requirements and able to manage a fast turnaround of work
- Display excellent attention to detail, with high levels of accuracy
- Strong post-qualification experience working within a busy pharmacy and dispensary environment
- Sound working knowledge of McLernons Pharmacy Software System
- Experience in providing services to Care Homes
- Previous experience acting as a tutor for a Foundation Year Trainee Pharamcist
Candidates should demonstrate that they meet all the Essential Criteria in order to be shortlisted. The Company reserves the right to enhance the essential criteria or include desirable criteria for shortlisting purposes.