- Apathy unproven as early warning sign of dementia
- 17 April 2014 09:40 GMT
- “Elderly who lose interest in pastimes could be at risk of Alzheimer's,” reports The Daily Telegraph, with other papers reporting similar headlines.
- NICE highlights how hand washing can save lives
- 16 April 2014 23:00 GMT
- “Doctors and nurses should do more to stop hospital patients developing infections, an NHS watchdog says,” BBC News reports. The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has highlighted how basic hygiene protocols…
- PET scans may improve brain injury diagnosis
- 16 April 2014 10:30 GMT
- “PET scans could predict extent of recovery from brain injury, trials show,” The Guardian reports. Evidence suggests that the advanced scanning devices may be able to detect faint signs of consciousness in people with severe brain injuries.
Welcome to McKay Pharmacy
We are a group of three exclusive pharmacies that have been serving local communities for over 35 years. Our ethos is simple, to develop services that put patients first and to welcome all new and existing customers with a friendly smile which can be coupled with high quality health advice.