- Kidney injuries 'killing thousands,' study claims
- 23 April 2014 09:00 GMT
- “Failures in basic hospital care are resulting in more than 1,000 deaths a month from … acute kidney injury,” The Independent reports. A study commissioned by the NHS estimates that up to 40,000 people may be dying from this preventable condition.
- Edible flowers not proven to prevent cancer
- 22 April 2014 23:00 GMT
- “Eating flowers grown in British gardens could help to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer, according to a new study,” The Daily Telegraph reports. However, the study the news is based on did not actually involve any humans…
- Cheap holidays 'increased' melanoma rates
- 22 April 2014 09:35 GMT
- "Skin cancer rates 'surge since 1970s'" BBC News reports. A press release from Cancer Research UK highlights the fact that there has been a sharp rise in melanoma rates since the 1970s…
Welcome to McKay Pharmacy
We are a group of three exclusive pharmacies that have been serving local communities for over 35 years. Our ethos is simple, to develop services that put patients first and to welcome all new and existing customers with a friendly smile which can be coupled with high quality health advice.